I was talking to a dear friend this afternoon and she was telling me about an interview she had and I knew the interviewer. She shared with me that she told the employer how I helped lead her to Christ. Wow! I was speechless. I started thinking about it more, and realized how much of a love I had for her brokenness, to that point that I kept in touch at least 4 years, when she accepted Christ. I met her while she was a freshman, and I was a senior. I looked into her eyes, and was touched! I knew God was calling ME to pursue her. I did. She was very resistant, but I was not giving up on this sweet girl! She was stubborn, but very quiet. I invited her over and over to church events. She finally came. That's when she finally told someone a secret that I already knew about. She told me and was relieved I wasn't going to judge her or anything, but instead we sat looking at the setting sun as I prayed God's peace over her. She is now an amazing young lady in Christ. I'm going to hear her whole testimony soon, but for now, I'm humbled that God would choose me back then, and even now.
God, I pray for that passion and heat again!!! Light the fire in me!
No comments:
Post a Comment