Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Believe It Or Not

I'm beyond hurt and pissed with my mom!!!! I haven't been home since yesterday morning. I walked in tonight and she asked if I was ok, due to something that happened last night. I said, "yeah, it was just my anxiety." Her response, "What? Why? You don't have school or anything!" I replied, "sometimes there isn't a reason, it's possible to just feel anxious." Mom: "Oh yeah. I forgot, you're (my name), you can have just anything wrong with you for no reason!" and then she turned away from me. One minute later her dog wanted out and she then said, "let the dog." I kindly did, heard the dog bark from my room while she was still outside so I went into the livig room and let her dog back in. A simple "thank you"? Nope. Nothing!

In sharing this story, yes, I do hope to release some anger, but please be patient when talking to someone with or about anxiety. There are often triggers that the person (patient) isn't aware of that causes the anxiety. Sometimes, sitting in front of a computer for over an hour for, leads to anxiety, no specific reason, just happens. I apologize for the complaining, but please keep my story in mind when someone says they have anxiety. Be patient and open. Either ask if it's something specific, or just let them know that you will pray for them. Don't disregard one's feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment