Friday, March 12, 2010

From 2008

I wrote these a few years back when I was struggling. They aren't great, because my writing skills aren't even close to "good".

Break Me

God, break me.
I want to be like you.
I release me to Thee.
God, take me.
Take me, break me, build me.
To You I pray.
Take my sin to bay.

Yours
I surrender all,
I can't do it alone.
Only You,
only You can heal.
Abba, you can have me,
all of me.
My heart belongs to only You.
Make me whole,
I am Yours.


Sinking
The room is flooded;
I'm on the bottom,
Few notice though.
God will be my life vest,
I'm blessed for that.
Rising above,
now I float.

To "friend"

You've done it,
you've led me astray.
It's my fault, I accept that.
I believed we could bond,
that's not what you want.
You led me to believe,
believe that you cared.
I believe you care,
care a litte, because you have to.
God calls you to,
that's the only reason why.

Perhaps some "poetry" will help some...

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. Write more. First one reminds me of a fav Kathy Troccoli song "Break My Heart":

    I've known laughter
    Days of fun
    Had many hours in the sun
    Been to many mountains
    Walked along the ocean shores
    I've seen rainbows fill the sky
    Counted stars on summer nights
    Oh, so many moments
    That have filled my soul with joy

    CHORUS
    But, it's been the rain
    I'ts been the storms
    It's been the days
    When I've been worn
    That I have found You, Lord
    That I have found You, Father
    It's in the pain
    That I have grown
    Through all the sorrow
    I have known
    But, if that's what it takes
    For You to lead me this far
    Go ahead and break my heart

    I have felt the winter snow
    Seen the beauty of a rose
    Sat by many fires
    And enjoyed the warmth of friends
    I've known love
    And it's embrace
    Have felt the wind
    Against my face
    Watched the moon at midnight
    Shine upon a sleeping world

    ReplyDelete