Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yep, More Up And Downs

So, I signed on this post starting positively. However, I was just made fun of, again. I also sent a text to an instructor to set up a meeting and she replied to please email her, which then made me feel bad that I bothered her. So, now I suck! Big time! My friend called me, "K", the one that swallowed part of a necklace a few weeks ago. She is in surgery as I type this. She asked me to get a hold of her mom and let her know. I haven't done that yet. Does that make me a horrible friend? Probably. Murphey's Law is in full swing right now.

Ok, have got to get a grip!!! I have the privilege of taking care of my friend, Jess, tonight. She is recovering from a horrific car accident a year ago. I love being with she and her mom. I just love being at their house. There really is a sense of peace that I don't get anywhere else, even church.

So today could have been bad. I know, my intro is very negative, but as I step back, it's been a good day. Actually, it's just been my attitude throughout the day. I started working 0530-0730 this morning, then came to school and studied more. I took my test, knowing I missed enough to not get an A. I decided not to stress. I then found out that I got an A. After lunch I came back to class and we had pharmacology and math problems. I was good until number 23. I got it wrong and all confused with the IV drip rate formula. I then became very discouraged. I went to my instructor after class for help. I shed a few tears, but then re-focused. I ended up understanding it a bit better. Now, I'm sitting in the most pointless class EVER. However, I love this instructor. I'll conclude tonight, after staying with my friend, Jess. I will hopefully have an update on "K" also.

Alright. I'd give the day/evening an 8 tonight. I had a great time with Jess. My friend, K, had the piece of the necklace removed through her throat. I have NO idea how on earth how in two weeks it didn't get lodged in her GI tract. Instead, the doctors found it in her lower esophagus, right by her sternum. Craziness!

In a nutshell, I had some ups and downs. My downs were not at all like they usually are. They seemed...low-grade. My ups were great. Praying for peace as I sleep and look ahead to another morning of new mercies, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment