Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Take Me

I sat beside a man this afternoon for about an hour. I did nothing, but stare at him, watching for any sign of life. I watched his blood pressure drop below what I have EVER seen a live person having. I watched him with a friend. The man was diagnosed with ALS over 30 years. He is truly a miracle. The prognosis was one year. Here he is over thirty years later, and all those years served God and worked to be a faithful servant is His. I was leaving him this evening, finding it more and more difficult every step further from him I got. For some reason, there was an overwhelming sense of peace in the room, just watching him. He is currently status: full code, on 100% oxygen on his trach through a ventilator. He is truly on his way to heaven. I found myself feeling jealous, that he is going to be with Jesus soon, and my day could be far away. By him being "full code", that means they will shock him and do EVERYTHING possible to keep him alive. I believe that the Lord is ready for him. He is waiting for the family to accept it. Please pray for them.

I found myself regretting every cut and pill swallowed. Now, that I'm away from Coach's bedside, I feel I could overdose, but remind myself of the impact I could have on others' lives. Oddly enough, I was planning on leaving school and overdosing, when my instructor invited me to go visit Coach with her. How is that not God???

No comments:

Post a Comment